More than a month after his passing, Prince’s autopsy results have been revealed. A law-enforcement official tells the Associated Press that the iconic singer died of an opioid overdose.
Prince, 57, was found dead at his Paisley Park estate in Minneapolis on April 21. A day later, a four-hour autopsy was conducted by Chief Medical Examiner Dr. A. Quinn Strobl.
Six days prior to his death, the singer was forced to make an emergency landing while flying home from a concert. It was reported that he overdosed on the opioid Percocet during his flight and that he had to be given a shot of Narcan to remain alive.
Prince was also reportedly seen outside of a Walgreens pharmacy the week of his passing.
Since his death, the Purple One has been remembered fondly by the music world with tributes pouring in from the likes of Beyoncé, Madonna, Rihanna, Stevie Wonder and many more.
Rest in Power Prince!